Gaziantep, Turkey- On behalf of the largest national medical NGO's in Syria; UOSSM (Union Of Medical Care and Relief Organizations), SAMS (Syrian American Medical Society), SBMS (Syrian British Medical Society- UOSSM Member), Syria Relief (UOSSM Member), AHF (Al Sham Humanitarian Foundation , SIMRO (Sustainable International Medical Relief Organization), IDA (Independent Doctors Association), SEMA (Syrian Expatriate Medical Association), we demand that the United Nations take immediate action to protect medical facilities and civilians in Idlib and all of Syria.
Furthermore, we call for the immediate investigation and prosecution of war crimes and atrocities committed against civilians and medical staff. The systematic killing of medical staff, children, and civilians must be stopped before it is too late. Eight medical facilities in Idlib were deliberately attacked in April, paralyzing the medical infrastructure and leaving thousands without access to medical care. Numerous other hospitals throughout Syria were also attacked in April.
A surgical specialty hospital was attacked at 5:30 a.m. Damascus time on April 27, by four airstrikes, killing three and wounding several others. The hospital was heavily damaged and put out of service.
An ambulance and evacuation medical point in Maar Zeta, Idlib was attacked at 9 a.m. Damascus time on April 27, destroying the facility. Two paramedics were killed. In response to the attack, another ambulance system was assisting in the evacuation and the point was attacked again killing two more paramedics. Eight ambulances were destroyed. A total of 14 people were killed today throughout Idlib. All of which were children and medical staff.
Medical Facility Attacks in April:
• April 2- Maarat Nouman Hospital-Idlib
• April 4 and 16- Mercy Hospital Khan Sheikhoun-Idlib
• April 7 and 8 -Heish Clinic-Idlib
• April 17- Ikhlas Hospital Shnan-Idlib
• April 17- Erbin Hospital Eastern Ghouta
• April 22 -Central Hospital Abdin- Idlib
• April 25- Kafr Takharim Hospital- Idlib
• April 26- Naseeb Hospital -Daraa
• April 26- Al Latamneh Hospital- Hama
• April 27- University Hospital East Deir-Idlib
• April 27- SAMS Ambulance and Evacuation Medical Point Maar Zeta- Idlib
• April 27- Shamouna ambulance system in Maarzeita Zeita (Idlib)
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter